Sunday, November 27, 2011

I made the effort Thanksgiving morning to officially begin the run portion of my training with the Boulevard Bolt......However, due to a previous injury, made it a whopping 200 yards into the race and had to quit.  I have since been on a regime of Advil, Ice and rest, and hoping for a fast recovery. 

Following the setback on Thursday, I started back to swim tonite.  It was great to see a lot of the old faces and performed better than expected after having been out of the pool for 2 years.  To celebrate......I took the final step of commitment to the race and shaved the legs!  NO TURNING BACK NOW! 

Traveling is going to be an ongoing concern, but I feel with good dicipline and scheduling, can make it all work.  I have till Feb. 1 to be able to swim a few miles, run 1.5 hours at pace, and comfotably ride for 3 hours at pace. Following, the structered written plan from my coach, Richard Baker, will take over as the final game plan to raceday. 



Running the Lanes at EXCEL


1 comment:

  1. Shaving of the legs?? WOW!! You have gotten serious, ha! Take it easy on that foot Mr.... : )

    ReplyDelete